Thursday, May 24, 2007

Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy!

Baby BOY #4 is on the way!
(look at that precious nose)
What a day... May 23, 2007... The day we would find out what our fourth baby is! I barely slept the night before... just scrapbooking away because I know I will be caught up by the time new baby boy will arrive! I woke up very groggy, yet very anxious. My excitement was taking over my body and mind causing me to make some very kooky decisions. I thought,"well I can run to Disney with the boys for playgroup and then have them to the babysitter, down for nap, in time for me and Sam to go out to lunch and make the appointment. No problem!" Well, sure enough, I did it! But, I was a wreck! A ball of nervous excitement driving a black minivan all over Orlando. A much better choice for the morning might of been... sleep late, take a Lortab, and Sam wheel me into the appointment. But I chose the superMom route which of course always leads to hysterical laughing (and sometimes crying) at some point in traffic! So, the boys were settled at the sitter to nap and Sam and I were off for a quiet, peaceful lunch. Yeah right... I was just so chatty because my hands were shaking with excitement and I couldn't sit still to eat my Mr.MooCow at Moe's. So, Sam just said, "Eat some salsa, drink your sweet tea, and wake that baby up!"Then, we were off to see baby. It was 1:30 at this point (did I mention I had already been to Downtown Disney with a 7, 4, & 2 year old... I did... just checking!) Walked into the office... and they took us right back! Good thing because I would have deterred any families in the waiting room from checking out our Children's Ministry due to my nervous, shaking, pacing... drugged-like state. So, I hopped on the table and Sam whipped out the camera to video my reaction. Glad I didn't have a preference of what we were having... not a good self esteem booster for our future child if I was disappointed. The scan began and HELLO, baby boy was crystal clear... my nervous excitement turned into peaceful and constant giggling! I giggled from that very moment until a good 8 hours later! I am thrilled, amazed, awestruck, and READY to meet my new baby boy!
Well, then a new adventure was about to take place... telling Jackson, Colby, & Bo! We rushed to our precious friends, The Albers', home. I blew up three BLUE balloons in the van and stuck them in one of those big black construction trash bags. We walked out to the pool area where they were swimming and they leaped out of the pool to see what was in the bag. I let them know that blue was boy and pink was girl... they ransacked the bag and Jack pulled out the first balloon, throwing it in the air and yelling, "Yes, it's a boy!" Then Colby got his and bobbed it around the deck singing, "It's a boy, it's a boy!" Bo got his and with his little 2 year old voice said, "Bayoon!" He'll get it at some point!
People have asked me if I'm a little disappointed that baby is not a girl... and I just have to reply,
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!
What woman would not look forward to having home full of 5 men; four a little shorter than the big man?
Men who will roll out the red carpet for me when I walk in the room... men who will wrap their arms around me and I know I am protected... men who will give me kisses on my cheek that will forever leave a mark of love...
What I am MOST excited about with my men... is before they are men! When they are my little boys training to be those men. Training to know and love their Lord and Savior so that everything in life will have purpose. Training to know how to treat a woman. Training to know how to be a man of God. Training to be a beautiful and respectable husband.
Baby Max... we welcome you into this family with 10 arms opened wide... ready to love you, teach you, play with you, lead you, pour dirt on you, wrestle with you (your brother's input!)
High 5 right back at you... The Couch Team is not complete without YOU!!!




5 comments:

The Spears said...

What a blessing!! Four cuties for sure!! We are so excited for you and Sam!

Matt said...

YEAH!! Boys are the bomb!!
-myra

Erin said...

Okay, Ali, that last part made me cry. . .

Again, congrats from us! You are boy mama extraordinare!!

Jenibug7 said...

And you NEVER have to pay for a wedding!!! :)

Jennifer said...

I loved being a part of your day finding out about little Mr. Max! Just can't WAIT to meet him! You are queen of your very own castle!