Friday, May 4, 2007

Burps and Kisses


One of my new favorite times with the boys is Bo's naptime and bedtime. He has to tell his brothers goodbye and get a "burp and a kiss" from them. I will explain the process in a minute, but first... some history.

Colby, our middle boy, has never been our affectionate child. We would fight him for kisses and hugs. Literally tackle him and pin him down. So, when Bo started to give his brothers goodnight kisses and hugs... Colby would have to change it up a little. Hence, the first night of "burps and kisses." I leaned over to Jackson, holding Bo and Jack gave him a sweet kiss on the cheek and a big hug. I walked over to Colby, leaned over and sure enough Colby kissed him... I was amazed! Then I told him to give him a hug... well, that's when Colby kicked into full gear... he placed his lips on Bo's cheek and blew... I believe Bill Cosby called it a "zerbert." Well ,Bo died laughing and said, "Bolby burp!" It sounded much more like a poot than a burp, but I'm not going to correct on such trivial issues as this... come on!

So, a tradition has been set. Bo gets a "burp and a kiss" from EVERY family member at naptime and bedtime now. Amazed by Bo's pure joy and amused by the little thing he loves from his family!!! Wanna join us for bedtime tomorrow night? Get your burp on!!!

1 comment:

Matt said...

This looks like my life about 3 years ago! How sweet and how fun! Some of my favorite times are taking the kids to the beach. So do you know if the 4th is a boy? I LOVE our big family and I would love to have a housefull but Matt and I are really feeling MAXED right now. Good to check in and see the pics and hear some daily events. Thanks for encouraging Jen in her blog too!
-myra