Friday, May 18, 2007

My Partner in Pregnancy

The morning after Sam and I found out that we were pregnant with our fourth baby, we decided to tell the boys as they were waking up one by one. Jackson woke up first and Sam told him that mommy had found him another birthday present last night (his birthday was the day before.) He was astonished to find out that his present was a new baby brother or sister in mommy's tummy. He so sweetly responded; thinking back to our miscarriage 4 months earlier, "Is this baby gonna make it, mom?" I, holding the tears back, responded... "Let's just talk to God about that one!" So, Jack nestled in between me and Sam and we waited for Colby.


Well, about 15 minutes later, Colby woke up and he came to my side of the bed and stood and looked at me. I said, "Colby, guess what? Mommy's having a baby!" Without skipping a beat he said, "Me, too!" I giggled and congratulated him. He then said, "mines a boy and yours is a girl."


Once Bo came in the room, we were all piled in the bed waiting for him... we all just joyfully started saying, "Baby, baby, baby," and pointed to my tummy!


Needless to say Colby has been my partner in pregnancy... we're going through it all together. When I didn't feel good, he didn't feel good... when I needed a nap, he needed a nap... as my tummy grows, he says that his is also! Today, I layed down with him for a minute at nap time and he went to get rid of the thrid pillow on the bed. I let him know that I needed it to put between my legs so baby would be extra safe and so that I would be comfy. As you can guess, he needed one too. So, I handed him a little decorative pillow which he proceeded to lay flat and just lay it between his v-ed legs!


It's nice to be pregnant at the same time with someone else you're close to... who knew it would be my 4 year old son!!!

2 comments:

Jenibug7 said...

That is so sweet. Elias and I were pregnant at the same time too- who knew all these 4 year old boys were so versatile! What was (and still is) REALLY fun though, was nursing alongside him! :)
Also, we DO still have our TX Christmas lights- we had it up last Christmas! :)

The Spears said...

Ali, this is so funny. Kids say come up with the funnest things to say and do. We are really enjoying reading your blog as well. It's been fun to keep up with friends this way!