Thursday, May 3, 2007

In One Word... Amazing!




If you look up, amazing, in the dictionary you could possibly find the words... "Ali's family" there in bold! I just returned from a wonderful trip to South Alabama to see my family. When I say wonderful trip, just disregard the moments of truck driver harassment, nap at rest area, a skipping Wiggles on the DVD player, and tears while leaving; ALL without Sam by my side.

So, back to "wonderful trip." It was sooo wonderful... I got to see my beautiful little sister, Kristen, who is now a mom, of twin baby girls, Haley & Kaley, who are defying all medical expectations of being 8 weeks early. I got to spend time with my beautiful, fun, and inspiring older sister, Tami, who took care of us cooking cream of mushroom chicken and boiled crabs at her oasis of a home. I got to see my, almost 13 year old (very important that I say his age that way), nephew, Cale, play in a baseball game. I got to see my precious seven year old niece, Whitney, dressed up in a May Day Court as her class representative. I got to spend a day at the beach with my dad who completely pampered me by putting me up in a chair on the beach while being "Super Papa" with the boys. I got to witness the inspiring love of my stepmom, Rhonda, for her grandbabies by giving them big hugs and belated birthday presents. I got to see my brother in law, Miles, dance to Surfin' Safari with a group of 4th graders at Tami's school presentation. Whew!!! I'm amazed. I am amazed that I survived the trip being where I am in the pregnancy, you know the "tired phase." So much more than that... I am amazed that I have such a wonderful family.

No comments: