Monday, August 25, 2008

The Greatest Gift of All!!!

A night out with your girlfriends is a very healthy thing... it is... you have to have a night where you giggle 4 hours straight, and you hang your head out of a sun roof singing, and you order every dessert on the menu to share... it is truly healthy and a wonderful birthday gift.
But I tell ya... nothing is more wonderful than being given a day with my family. I woke up Saturday morning, at my own leisure, walked out of my room to find 4 little boys and 1 big man singing "Happy Birthday" to me with a lit candle in some Texas Crunch that they had made the night before when I was out. There was a beautiful stack of homemade cards that so excitedly dove into. At that point.. I knew it was gonna be a good day. We just played around the house for the morning... no work, no housework, nothing... just play!Then, decided to grab a bucket of chicken and go have a picnic at the pond. We all crammed on one side of the table to admire the beautiful view.
After lunch... we threw out a blanket and just relaxed while the boys played.
Jackson and Max had some sweet cuddle time.

Colby and Bo had there "Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer" time. We all then headed up for a wonderful midday nap! We then enjoyed an afternoon of swimming. I got to lay out in a lounge chair and read "The Notebook" while watching Sam and the guys flip, dive, and frolic in the water. Then, it was time to go home and get ready for...
Our date!!
Sam said the night was mine to choose whatever I wanted to do. I had grand plans to go to a restaurant that has dinner and dancing... then we thought about going to Night of Joy at Disney... but I just decided that I wanted talk to my hubby and enjoy a yummy meal, slowly. So, we found this All You Can Eat Seafood restaurant and REALLY enjoyed our 2 dinner of talking and comfortable silence.

So, I must say 31 is off to a wonderful start...

No comments: