Monday, August 25, 2008

Counting Blessings...

It is soooo easy to keep your focus on the tough, challenging, and sad things that go on in your day. We all have hurts going on within ourselves, within our families, within our circle of friends, within our community, and within our world. But God clearly tells us to "Not worry" and to "be still and know He is God" and that "He is in control" and to "Trust in the Lord Always."
So, you know what... I'm clinging to that truth... doggone it... and I'm gonna count and enjoy the blessings that are in my life and let God take care of the other "stuff." I just prayed, "Lord, I'm praying hard for all the turmoil, but I'm gonna go play and enjoy these beautiful things You've given me. Let me know when you need me to do anything." Because He will. He will place on our heart what we are supposed to do and when we are supposed to do it. So, go and enjoy this life, but keep your heart open for God to use you when He's ready!!!!
Well. Sweet Max is 10 months old!!! Still not crawling, but who needs to crawl when their our 5 people eagerly awaiting to pick you up!

He wore shoes for the first time this Sunday! As if we have nothing to do on Sunday mornings... the big boys decided they wanted to dress Max up... who says you have to have a little girl to dress up?!?

He had his first biter biscuit... gotta love those messy things!
He did!! See his two teeth on bottom... scrumptious!
He has the exact same little dimple on his shoulder like his momma! He talks to Rolo... he says, "puh, puh, puh, pee!!"
The big boys are at school... Max is taking his nap... "Let's get messy, Mom!" Alright!!!

Watching brothers outside and dreaming of the day to play along!
Okay, so the big guys wanted to sleep together tonight. They all crawled in the top bunk and I let them know... it's a school night, so you have to go right to sleep! "Okay, mom!" (hee-hee-hee as I walk out the door) I stood outside the door and just listened to their little conversations, giggles, and "sounds." Oh, Boys...
I poke back in and they are all giddy with excitement...
I walked back out, soon to hear them... wrestling... I let them know they better have enjoyed this because it's never gonna happen again if they don't go right to sleep...
Well... what-a-ya know... Snug as three little bugs in a bunk bed!!!
Jackson and Max took a bath together... Jackson got Max to say "buh-buh" for brother!!


Oh, the blessings.. thanks you, Lord... I'm listening for ya!!!

2 comments:

The Rutland Family said...

How precious!!!! We are planning a trip to Disney in March! We would love to visit you guys along the way!!! We love and miss you and can't wait to meet the 2 youngest!!!
Love,
Pam, Jud, Julia and Sam

Amy said...

I love all the new pictures of the boys! Max is just pure baby deliciousness!