Wednesday, August 13, 2008

1st Day of School... Oh My Heart!!

So, the day has come for my Colby to start Kindergarten and my Jack to dive into another year. Our house has been excited all summer for this day. The day Jackson could walk Colby to his classroom for the first time... the day for Colby to be in an environment that really utilizes his smarts... the day for Bo to feel like the big brother at home... the day for us to send half of our crew truly into God's hands out of our nest!
It all began with a yummy pancake breakfast by daddy on the plates mommy surprised the boys with when they awoke!

First day of school pics...

Off we go....
Daddy led us in prayer waiting in the car line...
And then they were off...
So, we returned home with Bo and Max. I must say it was eerily quiet around the house. No squabbles or squeals... no way Bo is gonna argue with Max! Now I'm used to sending my Jackson off to school... he's been doing this kinda thing since he was little. My Jack is my "pride and joy" and sending him off is a joy for me because he shines and excels and I love hearing his grand stories when he returns. My Colby on the other hand... this is the first time he has gone off to any kind of school. So, as I put his beloved white bear on his bed and his favorite clean clothes into his cubby... I fell apart. I just knew I would be fine on this first day of school because Colby is so confident, brave, and independent... I had nothing to worry about because he had nothing to worry about. But I didn't factor into the mix that I would miss him so tremendously. When Colby was born... I felt he was my "breath of fresh air." So, as I took notice that he wasn't home, I realized how much I missed his presence! Once I cried on Sam's shoulder and Sam assured me that Colby would " be a breath of fresh air to his teacher and to his classmates", I was ok. I couldn't be sad long because my "Love Baby" (Bo) and "Joy Bug" (Max) were waiting for my full attention and I loved every minute with them!!!
So, they are all home now because school closed for the hurricane for two days... it's a little loud and busy, but I tell ya... when they go back to school Thursday... I sure an gonna miss those loud boogers!!!


1 comment:

Stacey said...

Hang on to that sweet prayer picture. What a statement. On a side note, I love the plates. Great idea!! I am not sure when you found time to make all of them..... :)