Tuesday, August 21, 2007

WE did it... I mean... HE did it!!!


Yes... the day has come... our Jackson went to school!!! And our home did not flood with tears. He shined bright, God shined bright, and mom and dad are beaming quite brightly, as well!

We have homeschooled Jack for the past two years and chose this year to send him to school. Boy was he ready!!! The morning was beautiful. Sam cooked his favorite pancake breakfast and I put smiley faces with strawberries. We gave him a wooden cross necklace letting him know that all of the kids in his class may not know about God or be living for Him, so we wanted him to have that to remind him to make choices that Jesus would make. I let him know that if he didn't want to wear it as a necklace that we could hang it on his backpack strap. He said, "Oh no, I want to wear it." We got the lunch packed and all loaded up in the van to drive our little man to school. Sam pulled up to the front door, Jackson gave Bo and teary eyed Colby a big hug, then we ran up to his classroom. We walked through the, to be expected, chaotic halls and then we walked into his classroom. His room was full of peace. Light music playing, kids coloring... everything a momma needs to drop her boy off for the first time. I got him all settled, asked for a kiss to which he agreed I could give him, and then I was off. As I walked throught the halls to leave, I prayed through every step... "Lord, please fill this place with your angels of protection. Please guard Jackson's heart of any pain. Please help him to make wise choices. Please help him to be the friend and student that he needs to be... and so on, and so on!!!" Every step to the front door was absorbed with prayer. We all took off for a special morning with Colby and Bo and Jack was on his way to being a big boy!!

All day I just kept looking at my watch wondering what he was doing. God just had to be giggling at my fireworks of prayers that I shot to Him all day long. I could feel Him saying, "I got him, honey!"

Then, it was time to go get him. As we drove... we wondered was it fun or was it boring; were kids nice or possibly mean; did he learn anything or just play??? The moment I saw him, my smile tapped my ears... OOOHHH, there's my boy and he's smiling as big as me!!! Got my big hug and loaded him up. I turned to look at him and I asked, "Well, how was it?" With his mommas expressive arms opened wide and a grin on his face, he said, "PERFECT!"

YES.... thank you, Lord, for blessing his first day with joy! We went home to have a special cookout and bake a celebration cake!!

I loved tucking his tired little self into bed and praying with him thanking God for taking care of him and his heart!

So, now he's off for day two. I asked him if he wanted his necklace and he excitedly put it on! I let him know that everyday may not be perfect and that we would talk through those days as well. To which he asked if we could have a cake on those days, too. To my reply... "those are the days we need cake the most!"

5 comments:

Jenibug7 said...

Ooooh! Whatever happened to "meemac" and "ah-duhl" and "Kuh" (pumpkin, Adaryll, and Thanks for those who don't speak Baby Jack)??? It is amazing how much time has flown! Elias started school yesterday as well, but just Pre-K, so he is only gone 8:30-11:30. Elena and I miss him but are looking forward to our special girl time...

The Spears said...

Why is that so many of your blogs make me BALL? So glad that Jackson had a "perfect" first day. Praying with you guys that the Lord will continue to raise him up as a leader in the Lord's army!

Amy said...

I'm crying those tears for you - what a sweet, sweet story! It drives me crazy wondering what Drew is up to when he's at school - it's hard to let go when we've watched their every move for so many years. Praise God for His faithfulness!
Love,
Amy

Katie B said...

ok, Ali-I hope you even remember me from NOBTS. My maiden name is Ross. I am sure you do....
I love seeing your boys, they are super handsome and I am sure they are being raised to love the Lord. have three girls (2 and 11 month old twins) we are always open to another but I am sure that baby would be a girl too. I love reading blogs and lving life with others courtesy of the internet. Keep the posts coming.
PS-I linked to you from sweet Jenna Spears

Matt said...

I was overcome with emotion reading this post! What a sweet picture of a sweet boy! ya'll sound like you're living life FULL and WELL!-myraj