Friday, August 31, 2007

Dreams...


Dreams, Dreams, Dreams...
I love having things in my heart that I can't wait to do one day. I love that I am in a place in my life that I can't particularly get to those dreams, yet, because that means I'm in the process of fulfilling dreams now. Having babies; working a job that is soooo fulfilling that it allows me to be home with my kids, but also allows me to thrive in the gifts that God has given; living in a home that I love, not because the house is a certain way, but what's inside of it is sooo dreamy; But I know that I will one day get to those other things! That's soooo important to hold onto those dreams. One thing that hurts my heart is when I ask a person, "What are some things that you would love to do one day?" and they can't give me an answer.
OH GIRLS... know what you would love to do for years to come and hold onto those dreams... YOU'LL GET TO THEM IF YOU KEEP THEM ON YOUR RADAR, because you never know when an opportunity will arise for a dream to come true. God is good and FUN!!! He may just want to pull a blessing out of His pocket when you least expect it!!

So, I want to write them out... dreams that I have! I encourage you to do the same...

ALI'S DREAMS

* Real cooking... spend an hour prepping meals because the recipe is so beautiful it takes that much time to get ready to cook it. FOR NOW... I will live the dream of playing in the mud in the cool, evening air with my boys instead of working in the kitchen. I'll get there one day...

* Visit Italy... Growing up with my grandmother, whose maiden name was Destefano, and the rest of my dad's big family was so rich! I think that that family fun and closeness stemmed from our Italian roots. Well, it spilled over to me. I love having people over to the house, eating, laughing, and sharing life together. So, I'd love to visit the country where my heritage is rooted. Tuscany, oh Tuscany, I will see you one day. I will stay in that villa, walk those vineyards, soak up the Tuscan sun and those beautiful colors of marigold, bronze, and salmon; cook in an authentic Italian kitchen; and just breathe in that air of my heritage. FOR NOW... I will live the dream of decorating my home, as money allows, with a Tuscan feel. I will have all of the friends over that I can, and I will watch "Under the Tuscan Sun" to keep this dream alive!

* Mine and Sam's rocking chairs... Sam let me know that one day he'd like to take on the big task of building two rocking chairs for us to rock in when our last child heads off to college. Oh, what a sweet moment that will be. I can just see me, at 48 years old, sending my last little man off... crying away, but then sitting in those chairs, gazing into my husband's eyes and begin to giggle saying, "It's just us now!" FOR NOW... I will live the dream of raising my four little men to be ready for their days to leave this house to be all that they were created to be. I will soak up their baby days and their days when they just love me soo much :) I will enjoy these days that I am young and don't need to fall into a rocking chair yet because God has given me insurmountable strength and energy to live this fun life.

* Read, read, read... I am slowly fulfilling this dream now, but I can really see it coming to fruition when my boys don't need me sooo much. I do alot of reading to help myself grow as a woman of God, to be a Godly wife, and to be a strong, knowledgeable mother. I have the dream though to read the classics. You know, those books we were forced to read in high school. Got the Cliff's Notes and hoped we could pass the test with the knowledge from that little yellow and black "cheat book." Jane Eyre, Great Expectations, The Grapes of Wrath, The Scarlet Letter, To Kill a Mockingbird. I am reading The Hiding Place right now; about a page a week... so that has me completing it in 2009. FOR NOW... I am living the dream of growing in which ever arena... as child of God, wife, or mother... the classics will come, probably in a basket next to my rocking chair!

Cooking, Traveling, Rocking, & Reading... they will come!

Dreams... Live the ones of today and keep your eyes open for the one's of tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

Jenibug7 said...

You are inspiring! I loved reading that. Maybe I will make some time soon to post my dreams...