Wednesday, June 27, 2007

What is The Color of Joy?

If you could give JOY a color... what would it be? This thought coming from the artist who keeps her palettes after a painting project because the palette of mixed colors is just as pretty as the work of art! Just sit back and think of times that you have smiled and think what color was there. Some colors in my life are hard to describe, but Crayola's latest colors hit some of them right on target.
The Colors of My Joy
Cornflower~ Bo's eyes, what a beautiful shade of blue, with his white blonde hair and gingerbread skin
Goldenrod~ The gorgeous yellow glow that radiates through the back of my house at sunset; bouncing off all of the dark brown and honey tones of our home.
Salmon~ The shade of coral that I just feel pretty in. You know that one color, when you put it on you know it brings out the best in your hair and skin. Gorgeous!
Tumbleweed, Raw Sienna, & Brown ~ The three shades of our dog, Rolo's hair. Women would pay alot of dough for these beautiful colors and natural highlights. Definitely our Sunshiny, Florida dog.
Brick Red ~ The color of the berries draped on our living room armoir and above our front door. I put them up at Christmas and just can't seem to pull them down because they are so pretty. My house doesn't have much red to coordinate the berries... but who cares, they bring me just a little peep of joy!
Midnight Blue~ The color that my husband puts on and makes me melt... woo-hoo, midnight blue! Hince... four children and a closet full of midnight blue shirts!! :)
Mauvelous ~ Isn't that a fantastic name for a shade of pink! It is the color of the sky of some sunsets that I view over our backyard fence. Since there is no other pink in my life... God gives me that one often!
Shadow ~ The shade of green that matches Jackson'e eyes and most of the shades of my scrapbook pages. When at Michael's and I see a pack of paper mostly with the tones of "shadow", it's hard to resist.
Dandelion, Canary Yellow, & Banana Mania ~ The shades of yellow that make up my Colby's head of hair. If you saw him today, you may think that boy needs a haircut... but I just can't! My curly hair is only seeming to come out on him and it's just precious... that smile and that wavy hair... watch out... we've got a cutie britches on the loose!
That's just some of the colors of joy in my world... doesn't it make you want to go buy a 64 pack of crayons and color away!!??!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I was admiring Abby's blue eyes in the sunlight today at swimming lessons - only to come home and later read your blog! Cornflower sounds like a perfect description -just like Bo's! I've loved reading your blog and always look forward to the new posts!
Love,
Amy