Monday, June 18, 2007

God's Perspective

I was about to title this post... Blessings, Blessings, Blessings. I planned to write about our beautiful Father's Day Sunday, funny stories with the kids, and precious moments with family. I took a step back mentally and realized there are a lot of people in our life who are hurting right now... goodness, we are going through a small, hurting time right now. Isn't it funny that my automatic thought to post was blessings? Then I realized that I am viewing our life right now with God's perspective... yes, there are people very close to us going through difficult challenges and yes, we are struggling with a little this and a little that... but I feel God telling me... "I'm in control of all that stuff... no worries... you just focus on loving all of the people and soaking up the blessings that I am pouring on your life."

So, with God's perspective... I am going to pray continually for my hurting loved ones, be there for them however possible... and in the between time HAVE FUN!!! "Count it all joy," my fantastic Father tells me... He's working through the tough stuff and He's working through the fun stuff... I just have to be joyful knowing He's working and that I am blessed to get to watch it!
Some other Fantastic father's who bless my life truly deserve some special accolades as well. What a lucky gal to have so many precious men in my life... and another on the way!!!!

My Sam... mmm, mmm, mmm! He loves the Lord of his life, he takes care of the lady of his life way to well, and he ADORES his children. We surprised him for Father's day with the boys showing up for our Sunday service in t-shirts that highlighted how much they love their dad! Colby and Bo in, "My Dad is the Man!" and Jack wearing, "My Dad Rocks." We told him that we had a yummy steak dinner planned at home that night and that he could do whatever he wanted during the day. He let me know that morning that he would love to have some "cave time" in his recliner, so I planned to take the boys to Target, get the yummies for the delicious dinner, and then take them swimming... leaving plenty of cave time! Ended up... he went to Target with us, got some new shades, and then went to the pool with us (swam for awhile then kicked back and read his ESPN magazine!) Sam is the MAN and ROCKS our world!!!

My Daddy... Sam let me know at the beginning of our marriage that he had some pretty big shoes to fill when caring for me after my dad had for 21 years. I agreed! :) I called my dad midday Father's Day and just missed him, called my sister's where he was heading and got no answer. So, at 7:00pm my dad calls me... "Baby, I was just calling to check on you to make sure you're ok because you always call me!" Oh, a daddy's love for his children NEVER ends. Even on their day to receive all the attention! I adore my dad... always have, always will!

Sam's dad... I owe all of my children's athleticism and spriritual growth to Mike. He coached Sam on the field and off the field in areas that Sam now naturally coaches our children. A firm, dedicated father who went the mile coaching Sam in sports and training him up in the way toward our Lord. Thank you, Mike, for leading a legacy of Faith and Fun!!!!

My Stepdad... the grandkids call him Grouch (to his request because he figured he'd be a grouchy old man), but he is everything but a Grouch. At the present time he is creating and building a Mountain home and farm that is a dreamland for his children and grandchildren... equipped with tractors for each grandchild to race, horses for us to ride, paths with our own names, and on and on and on... He loves his family and makes us laugh until the tears roll! Happy Father's Day, Dan... you enrich our lives in soooo many ways!!!

1 comment:

Jenibug7 said...

Yeah for Daddies! Unfortunately ours is in Hungary for 11 days. Happy Father's Day Sam! :)