Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Another Amazing and Amusing Day...

Picture taken last week...
Notice Bo's red eyes (eye infection) and Colby's shade of white (stomach virus) and Jackson not caring of catching either. Amazing and Amusing!

God is so good... He filled my day today with giggles and awe!

It all began with my monthly check-up. The boys came with me to visit Dr.Gibbs because our 10:00 playgroup followed my 9:15 appointment. Sam got everybody loaded up and I rushed into the van, blew a kiss and we hit the road. Got stopped by a train backing traffic up just two car lengths from my turn into the parking lot, causing me to be late. Caleb would've enjoyed!Finally, pulled up at the doctor (7 minutes late... I WAS ON TIME, before the train!), unbuckled everyone, and realized Colby didn't have his shoes on. I quickly noticed that he hadn't just kicked them off... we forgot them! I scrambled around the van looking for anything to cover his feet... I found one of Jackson's tennis shoes (left one) and one of Jackson's flip-flops (right one). So, as you can imagine... Colby looked real nice walking into the doctor's office. It's one of those moments that you wanted to look like you had everything pulled together... pregnant mom with three boys, trucking to the doctor alone... looks like a pulled together picture... then you see Colby's feet. I just chuckled and let the nurses know... "I'm glad that I had those shoes in the car!" We were in the room and Dr.Gibbs began to find Max's heartbeat. My three precious angels stood beside the table in perfect stairstep formation and listened intently with big eyes of anticipation. We heard the heartbeat briefly and then heard a bunch of kicks. They giggled. The doppler got a little loud causing Bo to get a little nervous. He looked at me with a frown, tears in his eyes that look just like his daddy's, and said, "Mommy," with nervousness of what that sound was. Jackson immediately noticed, leaned over to pick him up and whispered in his ear that everything was fine and we would hear the "boomp a boomp a boomp" again. Bo was at ease. Amazed and Amused... my three boys; in a matter of 25 minutes can have me giggling over mixed up shoes and not a care about it... to in complete awe of their love and care for one another.


The day went on and then it was time for Women's Bible Study. I was Amused and Amazed by some of the precious women I have the honor of being with every week. We began the evening eating cake and learning Salsa dance moves from our resident Columbian friend. The amused chimes in here... 5 month pregnant me doing a Salsa dance... I looked as good as Colby in his shoes! The amazed part of the evening came at the end. Beth Moore had just presented the question to us... "How would your faith hold up in trial? Do you REALLY know what you believe with the explanation to back it up?" So, the ladies wanted to get that info pulled together... SOON! They want to study, they want to dig, they want God's Word to be so impressed on their heart that there would be no evidence against their faith. I was in awe of their determination... so, we will be working on our own Personal Statements of Faith from the inspiration of Scripture in a few weeks. How exciting! How Amazing!!!


So, thank you, Lord for another day full of Amusement and Amazement... YOU ARE SO GOOD! One last thing... Can you help me with remembering the shoes thing... thanks!

1 comment:

The Spears said...

Ali,
That story is too funny! That is going to be an amazing time of pulling together your stories with the ladies! We have loved keeping up with friends daily lives through these blogs!! Love technology!

Love you all,
Brent and Jenna