Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Dreams Come True!!

I'm not a girl that wants new and big things... I just like charming things. Well, our back patio has been anything but charming for the past 2 years that we have lived in this house. Anyone who knows us knows that we LIVE outside. I have stared at that patio for 730 days now dreaming of it's white slab to turn into a beautiful stain with a faux technique. I have dreamed of an arbor with a lattice top with jasmine weaving around the posts and making a natural roof. I have dreamed of hanging pots and terra cotta pots full of flowers. WELL.....
DREAMS COME TRUE!!!!
Sam and Seth built a beautiful patio... Momma's heart is beaming with charm!!
We also created the fire pit area for Family Marshmallow Nights!
And... I found my dream table!! SOLID wood, two benches, seats 10 people... thank you craigslist.com!! The lady was desparately asking $250 for it... so, I emailed and asked her if she'd take $75. She replied, "Yes, just take it!!!" YIPPEE!!! I just look at it and envision 4 teenage boys shoveling food into their big bodies... I see them all doing their homework together, I see family game nights, I see scrapbooking galore... I see memories!!!


3 comments:

The Rutland Family said...

EVERYTHING about you is charming!!! Even your pantry in your first home in Gadsden!!! I miss you and all of your charmingness (is that a word?). I love you and hope that my clan can come eat at that big table sometime soon!!!!!
Love you!
Pam

Stacey said...

Wow!! It looks beautiful!!! Tell Sam & Seth they did a great job. I wish we were there to enjoy it with ya'll!!!! Love to all!!!-stacey

The Collins said...

Love the patio--can't wait to see those plants covering the whole area and what a great table for family and friends to gather around : ) Craigslist is the best!!! Beth