Friday, January 8, 2010

Winter Wonderland...

So, the fun began on Thursday afternoon... Max was napping... i was sitting in the playroom enjoying my "mommy time" and the flakes began to fall. How exciting and peaceful...

Max soon woke up and I enjoyed watching the wonder in his eyes about this mysterious snow...

So... we went out to play in it... hence the previous post...

Soon... the big boys got home from school... the snow had stopped and I was bummed because I didn't get to play with all the boys in the winter wonderland... Sam assured me that it would snow more... I left to go to the Y, alone... all the boys staying home with Sam, to teach my class. An hour and a half later... I was heading home to find that our beautiful new city received a blanket of snow while I was Movin and Groovin in the Y!!! The drive was GORGEOUS heading home. Once I got home... my eyes were in heaven to see our sweet little nest glistening white! When I stepped in the house, the boys informed that they had been playing in the bountiful falling snow... and I held back my little tears because I missed it... who knew what would await us the next morning...


Here is Thursday evening....
The Boys Fort


Then... Friday morning... School is called off...
SNOW DAY!!!


Sunrise...


Morning fire and view of snow...


Sun's Up... LET'S PLAY... come on down buddies...


This was the last picture of our outdoor playtime... poor old Bo was sooo cold... he would NOT even fake a smile... I commend his honesty...


This is while he was still warm...
My precious and delicate Bo just hung back and watched it all unfold with a smile and giggles...


My sweet, angelic, daring Colby... appropriately making a snow angel...


My strong and focused, Jackson... had to make a bigger and better one...


Oh... Baby Max... always wanting to be with his brothers... "just bundle me up and let me go!"


Happy Winter Y'all... may it be warm, adventurous, and full of giggles!!!!











1 comment:

Tracy said...

Are you sure you live in Rome? Our yard didn't look like that!! Just our deck! The "snow day" was fun, but I sure missed going to the Y this morning...I was planning to dance with you!! Love seeing your beautiful family!!!