Thursday, January 21, 2010

Why Are We Soooo Happy Today.....

Because our Family Room is FINISHED!!! We've been in this house for a year now renting it... but since Christmas... we are now staying for good!!! This is the home we will be raising these little men in... growing old together... and making tons of memories...
So, we are ready to make it our own...
We started with the Family/ Play Room... using our Christmas money from family, we painted the walls and bought a couch....
BEFORE....
AFTER...
This is the lamp that I found at Salvation Army for $8.00. I spray painted it black and whammo... just what we needed!
This is our new family snapshot that I thought captured "Chillin.'" Perfect for this room!
This is the little table I found at Habitat for Humanity... perfectly distressed already...


These are my girly, bright touches to the room... I really wanted to go with the colors of Salmon, Coral, Rust, Green, and Cream... TJ Maxx came through with the perfect pillows. The salmon and rust remind me of my moms living room... warm and cozy. The coral reminds me of Jen because she always thinks that I look great in coral!!! How do you like that girly embroidered pillow... I told the boys that is all mine!!!
This pillow is the perfect big and comfy size and it reminds me of Kelli because it matches her bedskirt!!!
I have two new quiet spots in the house now... the chaise section of the couch!!

And now the "yellow chair" in my room...
Max wanted to get in on the photo op!!! He loves the comfy ottoman!

We're also happy that we all got to go to the Tennessee Aquarium for $19.00. Gotta love teacher discount day!!!
















3 comments:

boysnbiscuits said...

Love it, Love it!!! :) So glad you're getting to make it your own, now. And even a little reminder of me! Who knew my bedskirt would make such an impression. :)

Boy, have I had fun catching up on all your posts! I didn't realize I had missed so many. Thanks for the email update! Keep 'em coming!

J.A.M (Jonathan, Anna, and Michelle Norton) said...

So excited that you all are in the house for good now! I know the Thompson boys must be thrilled for you as well!! Love all your pics.

jen said...

Here I am again.... looking at your warm and peaceful Family Room and wishing we could sit and talk in it for a bit! I love you! Hug all your birthday boys for me! And Sam and Max TOO!!! :o)