Saturday, November 28, 2009

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree...

Oh, yes... the time is here. Time to embark on a family tradition that has held true since I was a little girl... The Great Christmas Tree Hunt and Cut!! This is our first year celebrating Christmas in Georgia, so we really didn't know where we would find a tree farm to fulfil our Christmas tradition. Our buddy, Jud, sells beautiful trees out at a tree lot, but the boys love getting under the tree with Sam to cut it down. Jud said he would set the tree on the ground and let them pretend to cut it with a saw... thanks for the thought sweet friend!!! Well, we found a place about 30 minutes away that sounded great, but was a little pricey. Then, I found a place... a mile from our house. They had trees to cut down, hayride for the family, animals to look at, FREE popcorn, cider, and boiled peanuts... all for the low price of the tree!!!! PERFECT!!! Once we loaded the tree and the family back into the truck, we headed over to the Dollar Tree for the boys to pick and buy gifts for the family. They were sooo cute walking around the store with their little baskets in hand choosing something for each member of the family. Once they were paid for... they each had their own bag full of gifts to wrap themselves and put under the tree. Too fun! Two, five dollar Papa John's pizzas later... we were heading home to unload the fun... The holiday season has kicked off and I can't wait for the rest of this sweet season to enjoy celebrating with my family and friends the precious and amazing birth of Jesus. We heard "O, Holy Night" in the truck driving home tonight and I just teared up thinking of the magnatude of sweetness this time of year celebrates. If you haven't read it yet.. Beth Moore wrote a beautiful view of the night Jesus was born through the eyes of Mary. Look it up...

Enjoy this time of year... enjoy your family... enjoy the food... enjoy the calories... enjoy the parties with friends... enjoy and rejoice with eyes shut and arms raised high the birthday of our sweet Savior!!!

Can you believe we go this shot holding the camera out in front of us??!!??
Jackson snapped this one!

Sam is so good about getting me in some pics!
The clippings in my hand are for Colby to make a tree for White Bear... oh, beloved White Bear!

Ummm... popcorn and boiled peanuts! Did you notice all the Alabama attire? The boys are proud of The Tide pulling out a win against Auburn... sorry Grammoo!!!

Donkey and Miniature Horse... Max called them all cows!!!

Hayride with our tree on back!
Cutting it down...
Timber!!!!
Nice choice boys!
Roam free sweet ones!!!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Love this post! Your joy of motherhood just radiates right off the computer screen!! LOL! Seriously, though. Isn't motherhood the best?! I love moms like you who really enjoy it. And that family pic of all your faces...what a keeper!

Laura Headley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura Headley said...

This is a great post Ali! Miss you and your sweet boys. :)
I'm really happy Colby still loves White Bear that made me tear up remembering all the good times I had playing with him and White Bear. Give all the boys a hug for me.
Love you!

jshankles said...

I had someone ask me about you tonight and I thought I would go on a hunt to see what you and your family was up to. Tell Sam to drop me a line sometime. I would love to hear from him