Thursday, January 15, 2009

We're doing GREAT in Alabama & Georgia Y'all!!!!

WOW!!! We did it... we really did it!! We have been at the lakehouse for two weeks now and we are loving EVERY second of it!!!

UPDATE ON EVERYONE... sorry no pics... I'm at Sam's parents house doing this update since we don't have internet at the lake and my camera doesn't plug in here!!!

SAM... LOVES his new job. He gets to take the boys into work with him for the school day. They do their car devotion and scripture memory in the morning and then he has some quiet time in the afternoon because Jackson and Colby fall asleep for the 40 minute drive back to the lakehouse. He is working hard to find us a home in Rome... lotta great prospects. He's loving quiet nights with Ali. My country boy is eating up this part of the country... lakes, mountains... heaven!

ALI... LOVES her simplicity!!! I am really enjoying moving slower! I'm holding Max longer in the morning when he wakes, I'm bowling with Bo on the Wii, I'm reading book after book with Colby at night, and I'm having a lot of talk time with my Jackson who is so curious about the world right now. I have healthily let go of my amazing job that I adored for the past five years and have embraced the beauty of my family being my only responsibility. I'm having my sweet quiet time every day and love reading the Love Dare with Sam. My three favorite times of the day are: watching the sunrise over the lake while eating breakfast with Bo and Max... Sitting on the dock, watching the ducks swim in while hearing Max say in pure amazement, "Guck.. ooohhh!!!"... Sitting on the rocking chairs on the prch anticipating Sam, Jackson, and Colby's arrival.

JACKSON... He's my cool dude!! He just blended right into the kids at school. Sam said he has a different friend sitting by him at lunch each day. He loves Homerun Derby on Wii and can't stand the cold weather. Gotta get his Florida blood used to it!!

COLBY... Sweet Colby!! His teacher adores him at school! As do all the girls... that's Colby!! He's excelling in reading and always ready to see Bo & Max in the afternoon. He loves when I read with him at night... so precious!

BO... He's loving having his momma with him all day. All throughout the day, he hugs me and says "I love you!" We go on a lot of great adventures that make his big brothers jealous! Library, walks to the goats, trip to pop and lali's for the day, etc... It's great to be three!!!

MAX... Oh Max!! He is smiling and eating so much. He got through his 2 months of diarhea and lack of appetite... now he's making up for lost time. He's chubby and happy. He loves kissing on Bo all day and I love kissing on him!!

God is sooooooooo good.... we never fully understand why He leads us certain directions at really odd times, but it's beautiful to see His plan unfold... We're loving every minute of it!!!

5 comments:

Stacey said...

WOW! You're back! it is good to hear from you. We've been praying for you as you settle into your new "home". I have wanted to call you but have no idea if your number is the same or not. We are leaving in two weeks to go on vacation in Orlando. We will get to go to worship gathering...but will miss your smiling face :) give a call when you're settled in!!! miss you!

Erin said...

I have been praying for you so much! I'm glad to know things are going well. I just wish that your family lived on the west side of Alabama!! I'd love to be close to you!! I need a Godly boy mama close at hand for advice!! You are so precious, and your blog is a favorite of mine! I love to read about your boys! I don't know about Georgia, but Miss. has been so incredibly cold lately!!! Our pond was so frozen this morning that I joked with the boys about us going ice skating on it!! They were quite disappointed when they realized that I was only kidding!!! Anyway, I'm thinking of you! Take care!

Amy said...

It's so good to read this update and hear how wonderful you all are doing. I'm so happy for your family! Know that you are in my prayers.

Jenibug7 said...

Yeah! Glad to have an update! We need to schedule a Jordan-Couch renunion soon! :)

Rebekah Schwab said...

So glad to hear ya'll are doing well. What a great God we serve!
I miss you guys! give my 4 favorite little Couch's some kisses for me!
Love to all,
"Reba"