Thursday, December 6, 2007

Count Your Blessings

As I reflect over the past 6 weeks since we have had Max, I just have to count my blessings when the times get rough. I am getting back into the swing of things with the Children's Ministry after a wonderful maternity leave, juggling everyone's schedules and needs, caring for an infant, trying to keep the house up (if anyone ever gets a free Merry Maid coupon, please send it my way... Shew!), and striving to be a precious wife for my sweet hubby. As I cried on Sam's shoulder yesterday, he just silently let me. Then I said, "I just can't do it all." He sweetly hugged me and said, "Just start from the top." My reply being, "What's the top?" Well, I realize tonight what the top is... the first thing that I need to do is count my blessings... look at things through God's eyes.Let's count those blessings together...

1. A Beautiful Birth

2. Sam's parents who so wonderfully took care of the boys during my 4 day hospital stay.


3. A Funny Husband. Sam said that he was cold in the hospital, so I told him to put my pink, fuzzy robe on. Sure enough he did! And he kept it on for all the nurses and doctors to see! Not very kind to keep a c-section patient laughing an entire evening!


4. A Beautiful Nursery. It blesses my heart that we were able to create a precious nursery for our 4th baby. With Jen's painting , curtains, and bedding; Kelli's train conductor gift; and Jess' Scripture painting, Max, our little caboose, got to come home to a warm and sweet, love filled room.


5. Happy Children. Their joy is abounding, infectious, and a true blessing. For a mother who is deeply concerned about their hearts when a new baby comes home... I can take rest because they seem to be doing just fine!!!

6. My Mom. Grammoo comes to save the day. She always spends the week I come home from the hospital with us. She is everything that I need and want her to be. She adores her grandchildren, her son-in law, and makes me feel precious. When we hug at the airport for her to leave is never a good moment.
Surprised with a new basketball goal! She is holding Jackson up!
Quiet time with Bo!

7. My Three Big Helpers. Diapers, bottles, "get the phone"... they'll do it all!


8. A Fun Halloween (with a one week old baby in the house)

Rocky characters, their Trainer, and little punkin'Jackson wanted me to be Adrienne, so Grammoo stepped in for me since I was layed up!

9. New Adventures. Colby learned how to do the monkey bars!!

10. Funny Moments to Cherish.

Jackson is reacting to a surprise from Max in the tub. Let's just say the picture with the "stream of water" from Max couldn't be posted!
Bo's lizard that jumped between his legs. He paniced of where it might go next!!

11. Happy Baby.


12. Fun On The Tree Farm
Hayride!


Take your best shot!

Hunting for the ONE!

Freash Kettle Corn

13. The Face of a Content & Joyful Lady.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I loved this post. So, sweet. And, I loved reading the post prior to this one. I loved what you said at the end about calling on God throughout the day. I am right there with you!! And, patience is one of my most frequent requests for me, too!!! What a happy and sweet mommy you are!

Amy said...

Oh, Ali! I so loved seeing all these pictures of your adorable family. You are an inspiration as most days I feel like I can't even manage the two I have! Thank you for the wonderful reminder that God knows all our needs and that He is always in control even when we feel out of control. Thank goodness for that!!