Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Couch Clan Calamities & Craziness & Cuteness

well... my boys made it home from the mountains! I'll be doing a different post on that trip because there are more pics to get. Bute here they are... having a blast!!!
Bo came home from the mountains with a new prize! A one inch gash by his left brow, stitched with 6 stitches... compliments of big brother Colby and a skipping rock. I was 12 hours away so Grammoo and Grouch saved the day. she called me from one point in the ER letting me know that Bo was just laying in her lap letting her hold the numbing press on his head and she just rubbed his head! I remember that feeling... He couldn't have been in a better loving place than my sweet mom's lap. Since he got home... he got a little road rash on the cheek... we now call him "Boo-boo" instead of "Bo-Bo!"
Just in case you forgot how flawless his face was before... My mom is one of the most positive people I know... she said, "Ali, it's one of those scars that women think is really attractive on a man!"Putting the boys to bed one night... we couldn't find Rolo to say goodnight... we just decided to go onto bed... come to find out... Rolo was on Bo's bed, buried in his dolls... Reminds us of E.T.!Max has turned 8 months!When I picked the boys up from their mountain trip... Max saw his brothers for the first time and started to make this face... he is smiling soooo big that his eyes close and his grin can't get ANY bigger. He beams soooo bright!!!He is sooo enjoying eating at the table with us. He loves every baby food, loves to drink juice from a sipee cup, and loves Puffs.
We are also having a weekly laugh with Max. Our sweet, Spanish, neighbor watches Max for us while Sam and I and the big boys go enjoy time with our friends. It's our Thursday night Marriage group that we enjoy a meal together and walk through a book together while the kids are upstairs playing with a babysitter. Anyway... Laura puts Max to sleep for us at our house. Well... the past few weeks... Max is up when we get home, dancing with Ms. Laura... AND... his diaper is always on backwards.. figure that out!!!

I peeked at Jackson one day during his rest time to see what he was doing... he was having some quiet moments with God. On his own, unprompted, he got his Bible and Quiet Time book to have a little sweet time with His Savior! Whoo... best picture I ever took!
Big Jack also got a BIG haircut!!! Before....

After...
So, I bought this 12 person table so that our family could spread out and have room... for some reason my guys love to squish together to eat...So... Summer is just one big adventure after another...
I am constantly Amazed and Amused!!
God is Good!!!


5 comments:

Jenibug7 said...

You need to do a post of all your boys at 8 months.
Then Jck, Colby, & Bo all at 2yrs old and 3 yrs old.
Then Jack and Colby both at at 4 & 5.
It is truly amazing to me how much they all look alike.

Erin said...

All I have to say is. . .

YOU ARE SUCH A GREAT BOY MAMA!!!!

So, carefree and fun!

Stacey said...

LOVE the backwards diaper. That is great :) Hang on to that picture...
Everyone looks great. Miss you guys!

The Rutland Family said...

You are so much fun! I LOVE the pictures of the boys. I bet there is never a dull moment around your house, AND I bet you wouldn't have it any other way. Love and miss you all!
Pam

Rebekah Schwab said...

Wow, they are getting so BIG! I love reading your posts, Ali. What a joy your family is :)