Friday, January 11, 2008

Bring the Scale to the Table

It was an odd night at the dinner table... my boys just weren't eating!!
I thought the world was coming to an end.
They were giggling and talking, but not eating. So, I commented, "If you don't eat, you won't get big and strong like your daddy." In that split second, Colby ran to get the scale from my bathroom. He placed it by the table and weighed himself. Sat down, took a bite, and weighed again to his reply, "Nope, haven't gained yet." Then preceeded to eat more and more, with big brother Jack joining in the efforts, trying to gain weight. By the end of the meal, plates were cleared and maybe a pound was gained... wishful weighing!!! I marveled at their efforts and found a new way to get boys to eat!!
Also, roasted bell peppers look like worms... so, you can imagine the "worm eating contest" was a real hoot...

No comments: